Aioli , derived from alh for ‘garlic’ + òli for ‘oil’ , is a traditional sauce made of garlic , olive oil and lemon juice. Some recipes add egg yolks but for those who would rather add mustard even that works . In Spain , it is commonly made with the addition of tomato and is usually served at room temperature.
It can be served with seafood , fish soup , croutons , potatoes , cauliflower, raw tomatoes , zucchini or even snails and mollusks.
Recipe (serves 8) :
– 3 cloves garlic
– salt to taste ( please use lesser if using mustard instead of eggs)
-1-2 egg yolks ( or 1.5 tablespoons of mustard)
– 2 cups or 500 ml of Olive Oil
– 2 table spoons of white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- Crush the garlic with a little salt to a paste in a mortar.
- Transfer to bowl and add egg yolks / mustard.
- Stir lightly with a whisk and then gradually whisk in the oil , 1-2 teaspoons at a time until about a quarter has been added to the bowl. Then whisk in the remaining oil to create a mayonnaise type of creamy paste.
- Then add the vinegar / lemon juice with 1-2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Serve at room temperature.
We suggest you try this recipe with Dolce Vita Olive Oil and Mild Dijon Mustard available at http://www.chenabimpex.com and through retailers across India. For further information write to : firstname.lastname@example.org