Happy Monday everybody ! After a fantastic weekend we are back to our desks and are happy to help spread the love for good food !
Sundays are usually special for team Chenab as we have time to relax and experiment in the kitchen and try out our yummy ingredients 🙂 and spend time with our families .Yesterday we made absolutely heavenly ( our families can testify 😉 ) and very very healthy Blueberry Oat waffles and as promised we are sharing our secret recipe with you .
This recipe makes 6 servings of waffles – which works for about 6-8 people.
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cup oats flour ( I just took the oats and ground them into a fine flour)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil ( yeah , we told you it’s healthy !)
- 2 tablespoons honey ( you could use sugar but we prefer honey)
- Mariani Blueberries
- In large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, Vanilla essence , blueberries and salt; set aside.
- Then in small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk,olive oil and honey / sugar.
- Add the eggs mix into the flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with size of waffle iron – we used 1/2 cup per waffle).
- Close lid quickly; do not open during baking.
- Use fork to remove baked waffle.
- Top with maple syrup , blueberries and yogurt . You could top it up with fruits to add flavour to this healthy meal.
So try it out and let us know what your family had to say !!!