Who doesn’t love Chocolate & Ice Cream !! I mean really it’s one of those ingredients that add life to any dish and brighten anybody’s day. So to make this weekend even more special , especially since many of us will have our brothers or sisters over for lunch or dinner we are sharing this absolutely delicious recipe we chanced upon and tried ourselves.* photocredit : phillystylemag.com
- ¾ cup heavy Cream
- 4 oz milk chocolate (chopped)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter ( We made this at home but you can use any brand available).
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup – There is absolutely nothing that compares with Tate & Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 4 scoops toffee / Caramel ice cream (we took Vanilla ice cream and churned it with Tate & Lyle’s Banoffee syrup and re-froze it ; outstanding !!)
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup salted peanuts (roughly chopped or left whole to taste)
- Put cream, chopped chocolate, peanut butter and golden syrup into a saucepan and place on the heat to melt, stirring occasionally.
- In about 1.5-2 minutes you should have your sauce ready.
- Get out four sundae glasses ( you get really fancy ones these days) and put a scoop of toffee ice cream in each, followed by one of Vanilla then another of chocolate. ( We put Vanilla in between to break the color and flavor but you may choose to change the order)
- Pour some chocolate peanut butter fudge sauce ( as made in step 1) over each sundae and sprinkle with the salted peanuts.
This recipe serves 4 very lucky people so make proportion adjustments accordingly. We recommend using the best quality ingredients for the best results.