The weekend is almost here and we are sure everybody has fun plans in store. For those of you who have invited family and friends over or even those of you who want to eat at home , we have some really quick and yummy recipes to follow !!
To begin with a yummy soup , is the best way to start the evening ! So we suggest you try this easy and healthy Pesto-Pea soup recipe to warm everybody’s heart and soul with.
You will need :
- 3 cups of boiling hot water
- 3 cups of frozen peas
- 2 trimmed , whole scallions / shallot
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes – we recommend Maldon Sea Salt flakes for this recipe .
- 4 tablespoons of Pesto.
- 1/2 a teaspoon of lime juice.
- 1/2 teaspoon black freshly ground pepper.
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts.
1. Take a pan and to it add the frozen peas , salt , 1/2 cup boiling water , scallions and let it all bubble for about 6-7 minutes.
2. Transfer the above to a hand blender and discard the scallions before blending the peas .
3. Add the balance water into a pot and to this add the blended peas and let them simmer.
4. Take a pan and toast the pine nuts over a medium flame until they begin to color and sprinkle on top of the soup.
Feel free to serve it with croutons or even our fantastic range of Fine Cheese Co. crackers !