We love this recipe , it’s easy and quick and is a favorite at home ! We try not to overcook the pasta and we recommend using good cheese as it changes the flavor of the dish !
Serves 6 people
- 350 gms of uncooked pasta
- 6 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, no stems
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Permigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 2 tbsp Dolce Vita Olive Oil , divided
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When water boils, add pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook according to pasta instructions for al dente.
- When pasta is almost done cooking, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli.
- Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high; add 1 tbsp olive oil, when hot, add garlic.
- Cook until golden, reduce flame to low and add pasta back to the pot.
- Mix well, add remaining olive oil, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste mixing well and smashing any large pieces of broccoli to break up.
- Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and mix well adding more if needed.
- Serve in pasta bowls with additional grated cheese on the side.
Happy Eating !