Tuesdays can be drab – the weekend is faaaar away and you’re still catching up with pending work to be done from Monday. You can spice up Tuesday dinners by adding a surprise item to your meal and dressing up the way you serve the food.
Lay out your fancy table runner and silver ware. Light a candle or two – who said Tuesdays can’t be romantic. We are sharing a few easy to follow recipes that will add a spark to your Tuesday dinner with your loved ones.
So who said you can’t cheat a little. If it’s healthy and easy & Tasty why not ??
All you have to do is follow the simple instructions printed on the box and voila your soup is ready to serve ! (Available at all Gourmet food retailers) . If you can’t find it write to us at : firstname.lastname@example.org and we will guide you where you can get it from in your city !
Stir Fried Vegetable Fajitas :
This recipe serves 4 & is usually ready in 25 minutes
You will need
1 carrot cut into matchsticks
1 red pepper – de-seeded & sliced
1 yellow pepper – de-seeded & sliced
100 gms baby corn – halved
5 tbps – Black whole beans
4 spring onions – cut into 5 cm lengths
2 tbsp Soy sauce – We recommend Blue Elephant Soya sauce for this recipe
4 tbsp tomato paste with garlic and chilli added to it
8 flour tortillas
La costena Salsa to serve with.
1. Heat the Olive oil in a wok and add chopped carrots & stir fry over a high heat for 2 minutes.
2. Add to this the sliced peppers & stir fry for another 2 minutes and then add baby corn , spring onions and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Also add the black whole beans.
3. Stir in the soy sauce and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Make sure all the vegetables are coated well.
4. Transfer this to another dish .
5. Warm the tortillas and transfer to a fresh dry plate.
6. Make the fajitas with vegetables stuffed in tortillas and topped with salsa sauce.
Strawberries in Melted Chocolate & Toasted Pistachio Nuts
Who doesn’t love fresh strawberries . The strawberry season is hereand this is a really easy & quick recipe that anybody can try at home to add to your mundane Tuesday meal !
All you need is :
500 gms ripe strawberries
100 gms icing sugar
250 gms Dark chocolate
100 gms raw & un shelled pistachio nuts
200 ml whipping cream
50 gms caster sugar.
1.Hull the strawberries & place them in a bowl.
2. Then sift icing sugar over them and mix well. Set the bowl aside and cover with cling film.
3. Put a pan of water on simmer and place a heat proof bowl on top. Then break the chocolate into small squares and add it to the heat proof bowl. The water must not boil too hard . The steam will melt the chocolate and when the chocolate is melted take the sauce plan off the heat and set it aside to cool.
4. Toast the pistachios and keep turning them to ensure that they don’t burn. When they are golden brown remove them from the heat.
5. Once they cool chop them into small pieces and set them aside.
6. Whip the cream with the caster sugar until it forms soft peaks. Spoon this mix into a serving bowl and prick one end of the strawberries with a cocktail stick and dip the strawberry into melted chocolate and roll into he chopped pistachios.
7 . Serve these strawberries with the bowl of Cream.
Voila ! Done – try these and let us know what your family has to say !