Yummy & edible gifts make the best gifts and we tell you the proof is in eating the pudding or shall we say muffin in this case. We have hamper order requests pouring in for our Gourmet food products from across the world as well as our Scarpato Cakes flown in from Italy just for Christmas. If you’re a do it yourself kind of person and want to add that personal touch we’ve got some amazing recipes just for you !
We would like to kick off with these very popular and yummy Blueberry Muffins that we have shared and loved in the past. It’s really simple we promise ! These suggested products can be found at all leading retailers and even online for quick delivery.
You will need :
• 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/3 cup Dolce Vita Olive Oil ( Extra Light)
• 1 egg beaten
• 1/3 cup milk (we use whole milk)
• 1 cup of blueberries
STREUSEL TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
Method For Muffins:
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius. Grease muffin cups or line with paper.
2. Combine combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Stir with a whisk to sift.
3. Place oil into a 1-cup glass measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to make 1 cup. You may find that you need to add more than 1/3 cup of milk.
4. Make a well in the center of the flour and add the wet ingredients. We suggest using a rubber spatula to fold it all together.
5. Gently fold in the blueberries.
6. Make streusel topping-see below
Method for Streusel Topping:
1. Mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl. Whisk together.
2. Add the butter chunks and use your fingers to incorporate it into the dry ingredients. This will take awhile. Keep rubbing the butter between your fingers and then rub it into the flour. It will actually start to change to a darker color and will hold together when you squeeze it in your hands.
7. Fill muffin cups , be sure to fill the cups almost to the top with batter.
8. Cover each muffin with streusel topping & gently press down on the topping just to make sure it sticks to the muffin.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven or until done. (After 20 minutes, check with a toothpick)
10. Place pan on wire rack until cooled and then remove muffins.
Have a better recipe ? Share it with us now !